KLE BASAVA RESIDENTIAL GIRLS SCHOOL & PU COLLEGE
Annual Report 2021
KLE Basava Residential Girls School, Doddabele, Kengeri, Bangalore, started in the year 1993. The school consists of 4 wings i.e., The overall strength of (Pre-Primary, Primary, Secondary and Senior Secondary level) the school is 253. The staff strength is 29 (Teaching 17, Non-Teaching 05 & Menial staff 07).
The school is affiliated to State board, Karnataka. The school curriculum includes co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The school has excelled in academics with 100% result in the State SSLC & PUC II Exam in the year 2020-21. The school is headed by the Principal Mrs. Latha Mallikarjun. It consists of teachers with experience and professional credentials. They have gone through various workshops in all the subjects / topics as required by the board.
Capacity Building Programme on Classroom Management, English, Mathematics, Science, Hindi, were conducted for teachers. Due to Covid-19, we have conducted online classes through Google meet platform also Pre-recorded videos were shared chapter wise. Students who did not have the access to online learning were asked to come to school physically and continue the learning process. Students with difficulties were counseled online to overcome their problems. Webinar session was conducted with the topic “Online Parenting” to help the parents to cope up with the present scenario.
The school provides the best infrastructure facilities to the students to be on par with the present requirements. Co-curricular activities Zumba, Yoga, classical dance sessions were conducted online on weekly basis. Well-equipped laboratories are meant for Science and Computer subjects. Library is consisting of more than 1000 thousand books accessible to students and teachers for reference or borrowing.
To instill values among the students, “One Value” per week was started - Respect week, Discipline week, Honesty, Gratitude, Kindness, Sacrifice, Patriotism, Resilience & so on. Children are encouraged to make activities based on these values. Bulletin boards were decked-up by teachers based on these values. Class 1 to 6 students participated in the Confident Personality Challenge -to help them build natural confidence, polished communication and smart personality. Class 6 to 10 students actively participated in the Enfold Personal Safety Classes for a week from 2nd to 9th August, 2021. The classes were to support the students navigate puberty with safety and dignity by providing scientific, clear and relevant information as well by having respectful discussions with them on their fears, their doubts and dilemmas. Students were encouraged to give Thank You cards to Corona Warriors on 26/05/2021- An initiative by Preethi Ma’am
STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENTS FOR THE YEAR 2021:
· School Super League, a critical thinking and aptitude-based Quiz Competition for Classes 3rd to 10th was conducted on Saturday, 14th of August. Appreciation certificates were given to students to encourage their active participation in online learning.
· Students from Class UKG to 9 participated in the Aptitude Development Olympiad, organized in association with Techfest, IIT-Bombay and LogIQids. 24 Students were selected for the next level.
EVENTS ORGANIZED ON CAMPUS DURING THE YEAR 2021:
Celebration of Republic Day on 26/01/2019. Students participated in March past and many cultural programmes. Celebration of Shri. B.D. Jatti Smaranotsava on 07/06/2021. For 10th grade students Farewell function was conducted by 9th grade students on 19/06/2021. Celebration of World Environment Day on 07/06/2021. International Yoga Day & World Music Day was celebrated on 21/06/2021. Celebration of Kargil vijay Diwas on 26/07/2021. Celebration of Independence Day on 15/08/2021. ‘Desi Rang’ celebration and competition was organized across all the grades. Students participated in March past and many cultural programmes. Sri Krishna Janmashtami Celebrations on 30/08/2021. Celebration of Teachers’ Day on 05/09/2021. Investiture Ceremony was conducted on 22/09/2021. Celebration of Karnataka Rajyotsava on 01/11/2021. Many cultural programmes were performed by the students. Deepawali celebrations was on 04/11/2021. On 13/11/2021 KLE Founders Day celebration. On 14/11/2021 Children’s Day celebration – various games were conducted and teacher performed for students. On 25/12/2021 Christmas will be celebrated.
CONFERENCES, SYMPOSIA, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS OF 2021:
- On 28th and 29th of August 2021, 2-day regional level workshop was conducted by Harvard Alumni and Industry experts on ‘Master class on Social Innovation and Crowd funding’. Class 7 to PUII 20 students participated.
- From 21st to 26th of June 2021, one week International Level English workshop was conducted on National Education Policy 2020 by the Oxford University Press resource persons in which 20 teachers participated.
- On 14th June 2021, Regional Level English Workshop on Anxiety and Stress Management was conducted by resource person Ms. Deepa Pillai. In this 20 teachers participated.
- On 2nd September 2021, Regional Level English Panel discussion on the impact of COVID – 19 on global teaching and learning Ed-conference was conducted by Saathi Global Education Network. Class 7 to PUII 153 students participated.